What is a digital business card?
It is your Business card that has simply been reincarnated into an all-new virtual or digital form (Digital Business Cards). Instead of a paper card, you can now exchange a digitized card. The purpose and functions remain the same…virtual business cards are used to share business information and network with people. Basically it is a power-packed little bundle of technology – a marketing & business tool with many valuable benefits.
Why use a digital business card?
- With the growing concern for loss of forests, online or digital cards make it possible to network with people in a sustainable, more ecologically responsible way. With no paper or ink used in production, as well as no carbon footprint associated with the shipment of paper stock or the business card themselves…digital business cards are the new “green” way of communication & doing business.
- Traditional Paper cards are great…BUT…digital cards are better. They cant get lost & you don’t need to carry hundreds of cards with you wherever you go. They’ll never run out in that unexpected “Murphy’s Law” moment when you need it most. You’ll never be unprepared in that unplanned but sheer-good-luck-encounter where the CEO of XYZ Industries just happens to be “stuck” in the lift with you.
- A digital business card does more than provide your contact information. You are after all, much more than just a mere number. Think of it as a gateway to your portfolio. To network with people, business professionals are embracing online business profiles such as LinkedIn as well as social sites like Facebook. Use of smartphones and other portable wireless electronic devices has become widespread. All of these have ushered in a new era for the business card. So now that we’re living in the digital age, wouldn’t it be a better idea to have your business card on a website, making it accessible on your phone, tablet or home computer?
- A digital business card allows you to synchronize your contact information with your website, social networks and other relevant info you wish to share, making it easy for potential clients to access. Dependent on the amount of information given, the card not only acts just as a reminder of your basic information, but in fact as a resume or online persona allowing you to promote your business products and services in an innovative and cost effective way.Digital cards can also carry data such as location information, QR Codes and actionable links to whatever services you wish to advertise. You don’t have to worry about space the same way you would when designing a traditional paper card.
- Sharing you digital business card is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Digital cards can be sent via SMS, what’s app, BBM, messenger, email, Facebook, twitter, linked In, Pinterest, Foursquare and Instagram to name a few and it can be imbedded into your digital email signature. Your card can be DELIVERED IMMEDIATELY to anyone, anywhere, at any time, with NO EFFORT whatsoever and because some of the above networks are public, you can share your digital business card with a variety of potential clients that you might not have been able to contact otherwise. For more help…read here